Thursday, July 14, 2011

KERRRR-PLOP!!!!!



KERRRRR-PLOP GOES MY HEART!

BRETT AND KATE AND I LOVE TO WALK DOWN TO THE LAKE AND THROW IN ROCKS. BRETT'S GO THE FARTHEST BY A LONG SHOT! MINE JUST GO KER-PLOP. SHORT DISTANCE OR LONG, THEY ALWAYS MAKE A RIPPLE.

THIS REMINDS ME OF MY WORDS AND ACTIONS AND THE EFFECT THEY HAVE ON ALL WHO ARE IN THE REALM OF MY INFLUENCE. I WAS READING THIS MORNING IN A BOOK BY BILL CROWDER, SINGING THE SONGS OF THE BROKENHEARTED. IT IS A TEACHING ON SOME OF THE PSALMS.
THIS WERE SOME THOUGHTS I TOOK AWAY FROM THE WRITING ON PSALM 73.

AS A MENTOR....(WE ARE ALL MENTORS BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE WATCHING US AND LEARNING FROM OUR LIVES) WE NEED TO BE AUTHENTIC WITH OTHERS BUT LEAVE SOME OF OUR HEART STRUGGLES WITH ONLY THE LORD. HE CAN HANDLE ALL MY STRUGGLES AND WANTS TO, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO DISCOURAGE, OR DISILLUSION THE YOUNGER GENERATION ABOUT GOD'S HOLINESS, SOVEREIGNTY AND FAITHFULNESS.

LORD, WHEN I SHARE MY HEART STRUGGLES, DO NOT LET ME STUMBLE INTO SOUNDING LIKE I AM NOT TRUSTING IN YOU. I WANT TO BE AUTHENTIC, REAL....BUT I DO NOT WANT TO GRUMBLE AGAINST YOU.

DO YOU EVER GET DISCOURAGED? DO YOU HONESTLY EVER WONDER IF GOD IS REALLY IN CONTROL AND LET YOUR DOUBTS MAKE YOU WANT TO GIVE UP PRAYING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THAT IS HARD? I HAVE BEEN PRAYING ABOUT THIS "HARD" FOR A FRIEND....THE MOST GODLY WOMAN I KNOW AND HONESTLY SOMETIMES I QUESTION GOD ABOUT WHAT SHE IS GOING THROUGH....LIKE I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR HER AND FOR HIS GLORY.

SHE GETS DOWN, BUT NEVER LOSES HOPE AND FAITH THAT THE LORD IS SOVEREIGN AND WILL HOLD HER AND CARRY HER THROUGH WHATEVER.....WHATEVER....WHATEVER!

HER LIFE IS A RIPPLE TO ME....SHE IS AUTHENTIC AND HAS HUMAN FEELINGS BUT HER HEART IS SET ON THE ROCK! I WANT TO HAVE A HEART LIKE HERS....A HEART TOTALLY TRUSTING IN THE LORD.

JESUS, KEEP HER HEART TRUSTING IN YOU. MAY NOT ONLY HER LIFE BUT THE NEXT GENERATION
BE EFFECTED FOR ETERNITY BECAUSE SHE TRUSTS IN YOU. I PRAY THIS FOR MY OWN LIFE TOO.

WE ARE WOMEN OF INFLUENCE, LEADERSHIP, ESPECIALLY IN OUR FAMILIES AND WITH THAT COMES THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HOW OUR WORDS AND ACTIONS WILL IMPACT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES. BE OUR ROCK, LORD. MAY OUR RIPPLES SPREAD HOPE, JOY, ENCOURAGEMENT, ENDURANCE AND TRUTH.

I LOVE YOU FRIEND, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
XXOO

5 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    Hope your weekend is going great! This is a beautiful post. Your friend is very blessed to have YOU. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly written. A strong encouragement to me. It IS all about trust, isn't it? I am so thankful that He is faithful even when we are not. And that He will never let go of us even if we try to let go of Him sometimes. I hope your friend will always trust Him even when things are very difficult in this life. It sounds like she always has. What a blessing to see a life so immersed in the love of Christ. Make God continue to be her strength and her peace and ours! Thanks, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! You are just such a sweetie!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's nothing sweeter or more precious than to know a friend is praying for you.....and i feel certain that your friend feels the same way! God is near, and He's listening!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I found you through Mary.....isn't she a sweetheart....?

    Your post is powerful and from the heart.....I know your friend loves you for praying and being there for her.....We all get down and discouraged but that's what sisters in Christ are al about...Lifting each other up.....Sometimes we are doing the lifting and at other times the friend is lifting us....And God hears all and answers in a perfect way.....

    God bless you...It's so nice to meet you...

    ReplyDelete